Covers Media Group is proud to announce that we have been shortlisted by Sports Betting Community (SBC) for its 2019 Sports Affiliate of the Year award.
The winner of the prestigious award will be announced at the 2019 SBC Awards in London on December 3.
SBC was founded in 2009 and works with industry leaders to develop the sports betting and gaming industry. The Sports Affiliate of the Year award is given to the best overall sports betting affiliate in 2019. The award will be given to the affiliate that has been the most innovative and successful in its activities this year, with an “emphasis placed on quality and scale of traffic generated, overall growth, differentiation and innovation.”
“It’s wonderful to be recognised and nominated for the SBC Sports Affiliate of the Year award,” said Mark Harper, general manager of Covers. “The Covers Media Group teams in Ireland, the US and across Canada are grateful to Rasmus Sojmark and his Sports Betting Community teams for their continued support of the Sports Betting and iGaming sectors.”
Covers has had a successful year to date as it continues to be the leader in the North American sports betting information industry. Some highlights from 2019 include:
- Increasing year-over-year U.S. traffic by over 50 percent
- Launching the Covers Live mobile app for iOS and Android
- Developing a business-to-business product aimed at mainstream sports publishers
- Creating three new podcasts to bring the Covers Podcast Network to a total of four unique shows
- Developing an in-house, state-by-state geo-targeted odds product
- Being granted permission by the state of New Jersey to operate as an in-state affiliate referral partner
“The SBC Awards were started as a great way of rewarding excellence in the sports betting sector and we have recognized some of the industry’s leading operators and suppliers,” said Andrew McCarron, managing director of SBC. “The way that Covers has responded to the growing opportunity in the US sport betting market means they truly deserve their place on the shortlist.”